Collection of Customer’s Personal Information
For the purpose of carrying on Encore Professional Services’ business including sale, provision, registration and advertisements of Encore Professional Services’ products and services, Encore Professional Services will collect your personal information when you:
- enter into an agreement for serviced office space, virtual offices or related services with Encore Professional Services;
- enquire as to information about a product or service of Encore Professional Services;
- contact Encore Professional Services with an enquiry or complaint;
- enter any promotions, competitions, prize draws through Encore Professional Services’ services;
- use Encore Professional Services’ products or services;
- take part in market research; or
- visit or browse Encore Professional Services’ websites.
Types of Personal Data Collected
For the purpose of carrying on Encore Professional Services’ business including sale, provision, registration and administration of Encore Professional Services’ products and services, the information that Encore Professional Services includes but is not limited to the following:
- your name;
- correspondence address and/or billing address;
- account details, including account numbers, service numbers or user accounts;
- payment details including credit card information, bank account and other banking information;
- contact details, including contact name and fixed and mobile telephone and email address;
- your date of birth;
- information for the verification of your identity including identification number;
- your preferences for particular products or services;
- a note or recording of a call that you made to Encore Professional Services’ hotlines;
- an email or letter that you sent to Encore Professional Services; and other records of any contact you have with Encore Professional Services; and
- your account information, such as dates of payment, the services you have subscribed to, and any other information relating to your account.
Use of Customers’ Personal Information
Encore Professional Services may use and analyse your information for the following purposes including but not limited to:
- for the daily operation of Encore Professional Services’ services provided to customers;
- conducting credit checks when required;
- designing services or products for customers’ use;
- processing your order and providing the products and services that you have bought from Encore Professional Services;
- keeping you updated of Encore Professional Services’ latest offers or promotions;
- marketing the following products and services (in respect of which Encore Professional Services may or may not be remunerated):
- all products or services by Encore Professional Services including serviced office space, virtual offices and Internet connectivity;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and related products and services; and
- products and services offered by Encore Professional Services’ business partners including travel, dining, entertainment, apparel, health & beauty, education, household, transportation, banking, insurance and other products and services.
- assisting you with any products or services enquiries, including investigating and resolving service affecting issues and dealing with any billing enquiries you may have;
- billing you for using Encore Professional Services’ products or services;
- analyzing usage of Encore Professional Services’ products and services by you and other customers so that Encore Professional Services can further improve Encore Professional Services’ products and services and/or better tailor the type of products and services presented to customers;
- carrying out research and statistical analysis and monitoring customer use of Encore Professional Services’ products and services on an anonymous or depersonalised basis;
- assisting Encore Professional Services in fraud or crime prevention;
- debt tracing, debt recovery and credit management; and
- contacting you if necessary.
Retention of Personal Data
Encore Professional Services will destroy any personal data it may hold in accordance with internal policy. Personal data will only be retained as long as Encore Professional Services needs it unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations or for the purpose of investigation, detection and prosecution of crime.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
All personal data held by Encore Professional Servicess will be kept confidential but Encore Professional Services may disclose information about you to the following parties:
- companies in the Encore Professional Services Group;
- contractors, agents and suppliers who are involved in delivering the products and services you have ordered and used;
- any banking or financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies;
- credit information or reference bureaus;
- debt-collection agencies or other debt-recovery organizations;
- emergency services;
- professional advisors (including lawyers and auditors);
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to Encore Professional Services in connection with the operation of its business;
- law-enforcement or government bodies, regulatory bodies, courts or as required by law;
- any person to whom Encore Professional Services is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on Encore Professional Services or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which Encore Professional Services is expected to comply;
- third party reward, loyalty and privileges programme providers;
- business partners of Encore Professional Services;
- external service providers (including but not limited to mailing houses, telemarketing and direct sales agents, call centres, data processing companies and information technology companies) that Encore Professional Services engages for the purposes set out under the section “Use of Customers’ Personal Information”.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Hong Kong
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for Encore Professional Services to transfer certain personal data to other group companies or service providers outside of Hong Kong. This may happen if Encore Professional Services’ servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside of Hong Kong or if you use Encore Professional Services’ services and products while visiting countries outside Hong Kong. Encore Professional Services will endeavour to ensure that your personal information used by such third parties is in accordance with this policy.
Your Privacy Rights
In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”), and subject to the exemptions specified in the Ordinance, any customer:
- has the right to check whether Encore Professional Services holds any personal data about him or her and has a right to receive copies of such data;
- has the right to require Encore Professional Services to correct any personal data relating to him or her which is inaccurate; and
- has the right to ascertain Encore Professional Services’ policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Encore Professional Services.
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Encore Professional Services is entitled to charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
Requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data, information relating to the kind of data held and to stop receiving or re-commence receiving direct marketing may be made in writing by email or post to:
The Data Protection Officer
Encore Professional Services
Level 21, The Center
99 Queen’s Road Central
Please identify yourself with your name and contact number when writing to the Data Protection Officer.
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the version posted on the website and previous versions, this version shall prevail. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions of this policy, the English version shall prevail.